Are you planning to move to the UK from UAE and wondering about the process and required paperwork?
The whole process is mentioned below for car shipping, bike shipping, household effects shipping, and boat shipping.
What’s the Process in the UAE for shipping Personal Effects to the UK?
Passport copy of the shipper and receiver for all shipments
- For car & bike shipping services, the client needs to obtain an export certificate under the receiver’s name.
- For the Boat shipping service, a boat cancellation certificate needs to be obtained by the client.
- For Household Goods shipping services, you need to provide a packing list, the value of goods & a move-out permit from the residence.
What’s the custom clearance Process in the UK?
Private Individuals must complete an application for themselves and their families to obtain authorization for Transfer of Residence ‘ToR01’ relief to the UK.
This authorization is for the UK ONLY and cannot be used by people moving goods into Europe.
The ‘ToR01’ application has to be completed online and then printed off and signed.
This document and should be sent to the National Clearance Hub, (HCH) with all supporting documents needed to prove qualification for the relief.
Once you complete the form, you will receive an approval notification by HMRC which contains an Authorization Number.
This authorization number together with the email/letter received from HMRC must be provided to us so that when your consignment arrives at the UK Port the final declaration can be completed with the UK Border Force and HMRC.
What are the service options available in AEON Shipping LLC?
- FCL – Full container load(Delivery takes 30-40 Days Approx)
Groupage – Less container load (Delivery takes 50 – 60Days Approx )
- Express shipment – Airfreight (Delivery takes 7 – 10 Days Approx)
- RORO – roll on roll off for vehicles (Delivery takes 40 – 90 Days Approx )
How Much does it cost to ship your personal effect to the UK?
- $ 500 onwards – Express shipment, this is based on the chargeable weight.
- $ 800 onwards – Groupage is based on the delivery location.
- $ 1700 onwards – RORO is based on the size of the vehicle.
- $ 2400 onwards – FCL for full 20 ft container up to the port only
- $ 4300 onwards – FCL -for full 20 ft container door to door based on delivery location in the UK.
How to approach the duty exempted movements?
*Be moving from a state outside the European Union to the UK, in order to live in the UK. You are thereby shifting your previous place of residence to the UK.
*Have lived outside the EU for at least the last 12 consecutive months.
*Have used and had possession of the goods for at least the last 6 consecutive months.
*Have used the goods and are going to continue using them in the new place of residence in the UK for at least the next 12 months.
*Be importing the goods within 12 months of coming to live in the UK.
*Not lend out, give away, pledge, hire the items out, or transfer the household goods within the first 12 months after the date on which they were imported to the UK.
Documents required to ship goods overseas
- A copy of your passport, including your visa if necessary.
- Proof of stay outside EU for more than 12 months.
- Proof of registration, this document should show you have taken up residence in the UK and the date you settled. ( You may also send alternates, a comparable document which includes reasonable evidence for this purpose )
- Two signed packing lists.
- Proof of ownership of any Motor Vehicle and any invoice Purchase Receipt.
- A copy of registration of the goods
- Documents and proof of use for 6 months such as service bills insurance or local vehicle tax documents